- Four metrics were selected based on known importance to adherence and ranked for the four conditions, resulting in 16 ranked metrics in total
- Metrics were weighted, using regression parameter estimates as a guide:
|Type of Metric||Metric||Description||Weight|
|Adherence||MPR||Measure of medication adherence||45%|
|FFPR||% of new initiators getting a second fill||30%|
|Drug/Channel||GDR||% of scripts filled with generic medication||15%|
|MDR||% of scripts filled at mail||10%|
- Conditions were weighted equally (25% each)
Resulting state-level scores were ranked and assigned a color grade:
Definition of Pharmacy Home Rating
- For each of the five conditions, calculated % of patients using one pharmacy for their condition-related medications.
- For each of the five conditions, calculated the % synchronization of the medication refill schedules.
- Multiplied results of steps 1 and 2 at the condition-level to get a Condition Pharmacy Home Score.
- Averaged the Condition Pharmacy Home Scores (equal weighting) to get an Overall Pharmacy Home Score.
- Pharmacy Home Rating was scaled 1-5
Overall Metrics by State
Weighted average of the four conditions evaluated (diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, depression).